• Over 25,000 UST installations in North & South America and Europe.
• Over 65,000 marine gasoline fume detection installations.
• Military airborne vehicles.
• Site remediation monitoring.
• Intrinsically safe cold sensor technology -- no heated parts.
• Not affected by humidity or condensing atmospheres.
• Not affected by background presence of weathered product.
How it Works
The sensitive surface of the adsorption sensitive resistor (adsistor®) is comprised of electrically conductive micro-particles in contact with each other, such that an electrical circuit is established across the sensor leads. When exposed to volatile organic compound vapors, molecules of the VOC vapor will adsorb to the sensor's micro-particles. The amount of adsorption depends on the Van der Waals attractive force which is proportional to the Van der Waals "a" constant, along with several other variables. These adsorbed molecules electrically insulate the micro-particles from each other which shows up as an increase in electrical resistance across the leads of the sensor. The log of the resistance increase is proportional to the VOC vapor concentration.